Recipe by alligirl
Delicious! May be served as an appetizer, with red and green apples, or as a dessert sauce, over ice cream. Taken from "Simply Sarasota Creatively Casual Cuisine" from the Junior League of Sarasota. *Note - Cooling times are NOT included.*
Top Review by Dreamgoddess
This was a delicious treat served over ice cream. It was a little thin, but I didn't let it cool long enough before spooning it over the ice cream. After cooling a bit more, it thickened up nicely. I opted to leave the pecans whole instead of chopping them. Made for Every Day is a Holiday.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- Spread pecans in a single layer on baking sheet and toast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let stand until cool.
- Melt butter in saucepan and stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and flour.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let stand until lukewarm.
- Add the evaporated milk and pecans gradually to the brown sugar mixture, stirring constantly.
- Serve warm with red and green apples for an appetizer or drizzle over ice cream for dessert.