Delicious! May be served as an appetizer, with red and green apples, or as a dessert sauce, over ice cream. Taken from "Simply Sarasota Creatively Casual Cuisine" from the Junior League of Sarasota. *Note - Cooling times are NOT included.*
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- Spread pecans in a single layer on baking sheet and toast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let stand until cool.
- Melt butter in saucepan and stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and flour.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let stand until lukewarm.
- Add the evaporated milk and pecans gradually to the brown sugar mixture, stirring constantly.
- Serve warm with red and green apples for an appetizer or drizzle over ice cream for dessert.