Recipe by Barb G.
Dark sweet chocolate, smooth dripping caramel and indulgent whipped cream. Did someone mention Dessert? This recipe was a winning entry in a Betty Crocker contest celebrating African American cooking.
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 container creamy ready-to-spread coconut pecan frosting
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- caramel topping, for topping
- sweetened whipped cream, for topping
- pecan halves (optional)
- coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together cake mix and butter.
- Press evenly in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Stir frosting, milk, flour and egg, using same bowl, until blended.
- Pour evenly over mixture in pan.
- Bake 45 to 48 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Top each serving with caramel topping and whipped cream, garnish with coconut& pecans.
- (This dessert has baked"until set" when it's frim and barely jiggles when the pan is moved.).