Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Dark sweet chocolate, smooth dripping caramel and indulgent whipped cream. Did someone mention Dessert? This recipe was a winning entry in a Betty Crocker contest celebrating African American cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together cake mix and butter.
- Press evenly in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Stir frosting, milk, flour and egg, using same bowl, until blended.
- Pour evenly over mixture in pan.
- Bake 45 to 48 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Top each serving with caramel topping and whipped cream, garnish with coconut& pecans.
- (This dessert has baked"until set" when it's frim and barely jiggles when the pan is moved.).
Pretty good. The kids liked it plain without any toppings, and I also didn't think the whipped cream added much in the way of flavor. The other toppings were good though.