Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Take a basic cookie dough and give it a tasty twist. With little effort, you come up with a delicious dessert sure to please.
- 18 ounces roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 (12 ounce) package miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup toffee pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cookie dough, the 1/2 cup toffee pieces, and the pecans in a large resealable plastic bag and knead to combine. Press dough evenly over the bottom of an ungreased 13x9-in baking pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces immediately after baking; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until chocolate is softened, then spread evenly over the bars. Sprinkle with the 1/3 cup toffee pieces.
- Chill for 15 minutes to set chocolate.
These were pretty yummy, but I, along with some others thought they were a little rich. I think if I were to make them again (they are easy, so I probably will!) I would cut back on the chocolate chips, to 8-10 oz. The cookie part was delicious (and would make great cookies, just a thought!), though it took closer to 20 min to get golden brown in my oven. I don't normally have to add time, but it was easy enough to just watch for the color, and it may have just been the brand of dough I used. VERY easy to mix up, and even easier clean up! Thanks for a quick and easy recipe to add to my list of keepers!