Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
A great pie that's easy to make. In place of 2 whole eggs, three yolks produces a smoother filling.
- 9 inch pie shells, baked
- 73.94 ml cornstarch
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 650.62 ml whole milk
- 2 eggs or 3 egg yolks
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 14.79 ml butter
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 78.07 ml crushed butter brickle or 78.07 ml toffee pieces, plus additional (to garnish)
- 236.59 ml cream
- Combine sugar and cornstarch. Mix with milk. Place milk over medium heat, stirring to prevent scorching. Cook until thick and creamy.
- Beat eggs. Pour a small amount of hot pudding into beaten eggs, stirring rapidly to temper the eggs. Pour egg mixture into remaining hot pudding. Stirring, cook 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in butter and vanilla extract. Add camels to hot pudding; stir until caramels begin to melt. Add butter brickle pieces and stir. Caramels will not be completely melted or mixed inches Pour mix into baked pie shell.
- Chill 3 to 4 hours.
- To serve, whip cream and place a dollop on each piece of pie.
- Sprinkle with additional butter brickle, if desired.