These are really yummy!! There are a lot of directions but are really easy to make. I make these for cookie exchanges around the holidays.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer (or Kitchenaid with paddle attatchement), cream butter and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat until fully combined.
- Add dry ingredients, and beat on low speed until combined.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoons on to an ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until firm and barely golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Wait 5 minutes before transferring cookies to a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining 1 cup brown sugar and cream.
- Bring to a boil over a medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.Remove from heat.
- Add powdered sugar, and whisk until smooth.
- (If frostening thickens too much, thin with heavy cream.).
- Add pecan pieces.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack over a lined baking sheet.
- Spoon about 1/2 teas praline mixture onto each cookie.