Recipe by Bayou Andy
This came from Julie Kay's column in the local newspaper (The Advocate). Julie is the crock pot expert for the food section. The aroma of Praline Chicken with its maple syrup, brown sugar and pecans, simmering in the slow cooker will make everyone in the house hungry for dinner.
Top Review by Alice Robertson Clark
i'm the first to rate this and let me say WOW. I took to a family gathering and this was a hit. However, let me caution you on a couple of things. Praline is sticky. Therefore, it will stick to your crock pot if your are not careful. Use a nonstick crock pot if possible. If not, make sure to coat with a non stick spray (Pam). Again, you will be very pleased with this recipe. Thank you so much for posting this recipe.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning (I like Tony C.'s)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of chicken and brown in butter over medium-high heat on top of stove.
- Place browned chicken in slow cooker.
- Mix together syrup, brown sugar, and pecans and pour over chicken.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with wild or brown rice.