Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Folks, this is a really good one!!!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Mix crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press into 9in springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Stir in pecans, flour, and vanilla.
- Bake at 350* for 55 minutes or until set.
- Cool to room temp.
- Cover and chill.
- Mix brown sugar and butter over low heat.
- Cook and stir for 4 minutes.
- Pour warm topping over chilled cake.
This was my first cheesecake, and I was surprised at how easy it was. After all the sweets of Christmas, I wasn't as excited about this subtle yet elegant dessert, but boy did I get rave reviews from others. DH bragged about it, and our hosts, who were both self-proclaimed cheesecake fanatics, gave it high praise. "It's a combination of my two favorite desserts; pecan pie and cheesecake." And that wasn't even with the sauce served warm! Thanks for making me look good once again, 'zaar. Thanks, MizzNezz, too!
Sorry, no one at our party was impressed with this one. Dont' know if maybe it was the baker, but I have made good cheesecakes before, so I am not sure what the problem was.
This was excellent, and easy to make. I'll do this one again. Since I'm allergic to chocolate, I'm on the lookout for good desserts with no chocolate, and this one was great!