Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Start with a cake mix.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package german chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat dry cake mix, 1/2 cup coconut, butter and 1 egg in a large bowl on low speed until crumbly.
- Press lightly in an ungreased rectangular baking dish, 13x9-inches.
- Beat cream cheese, 2 eggs, sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread over cake mixture.
- Bake until set, about 25 minutes.
- Mix sour cream, brown sugar and 1 T. vanilla until smooth.
- Spread over cheesecake.
- Mix 1/3 cup coconut and the pecans; sprinkle over cheesecake.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Cut into diamond shapes.