Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is wonderful to wrap up in coloured clear paper and to give for the holidays, I usually wrap mine in red or green clear paper for a more seasonal look.
Top Review by Ambervim
This seemed like a bunch of butter and it is....it is also good. I like using half hone and half brown sugar. The baking soda does seem to activate something worthwhile. I added almonds and divided it into thirds - 1st third plain, 2nd third with cinnamon and orange rind as I saw in another recipe 3rd third I minced fresh jalapeno. I sprinkled all with kosher salt. All were good.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 (100 g) package pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, honey and brown sugar; cook, and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Stir in baking soda (the mixture will foam).
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn and nuts.
- Pour in the hot syrup; mix well to coat.
- Spread mixture evenly on a large buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake, until a deep golden brown (about 15 minutes), stirring every 5 minutes.
- Cool, and store in a tightly covered container for up to 4 days.