Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is wonderful to wrap up in coloured clear paper and to give for the holidays, I usually wrap mine in red or green clear paper for a more seasonal look.
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, honey and brown sugar; cook, and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Stir in baking soda (the mixture will foam).
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn and nuts.
- Pour in the hot syrup; mix well to coat.
- Spread mixture evenly on a large buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake, until a deep golden brown (about 15 minutes), stirring every 5 minutes.
- Cool, and store in a tightly covered container for up to 4 days.
This seemed like a bunch of butter and it is....it is also good. I like using half hone and half brown sugar. The baking soda does seem to activate something worthwhile. I added almonds and divided it into thirds - 1st third plain, 2nd third with cinnamon and orange rind as I saw in another recipe 3rd third I minced fresh jalapeno. I sprinkled all with kosher salt. All were good.
What more can be said...really yummy, yummy, yummy. If you like nuts in your caramel corn..this recipe's for YOU!!! Made for KK's recipetag~