Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I seem to be addicted to the idea of praline anything lately. Putting this here for safe keeping (in case I ever think of something that must absolutely be smothered in praline butter!). It comes from the Better Homes and Gardens book "Old-Fashioned Home Baking." Prep and cook times are guesses.
- In a heavy 6-inch skillet evenly spread out the sugar.
- Heat over medium-high heat until sugar begins to melt, shaking skillet occasionally to heat sugar evenly.
- Carefully add pecan and 1 tbl butter or margarine.
- Reduce heat to low; cook until sugar melts and turns golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Remove skillet from the heat; spread candied nuts on a buttered baking sheet or piece of foil.
- Cool. Break into small clusters.
- Place clusters in a plastic bag and, using a rolling pin, crush the candied nuts.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together remaining butter, vanilla extract and candied nuts.
- If not serving immediately, cover and chill.
- Let the butter stand at room temperature for about 1 hour before serving.