1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Kathy in Fla's Note:
Saw this in the December 2007 Southern Living magazine and wanted to post it before I forgot which issue I saw it in. NOTE: Make sugar pecans ahead of time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) package dark brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
FOR PRALINE ICING
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR SUGAR PECANS
- 2Arrange 1 cup pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- 3Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- 4Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add brown sugar, beating until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 5Sift together 2 1/2 cups flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat batter at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in toasted pecans and vanilla. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
- 6Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- 7Prepare Praline Icing, and spoon immediately over cake. Sprinkle top of cake with Sugared Pecans.
- 9Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir gently 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture begins to cool and thickens slightly. Use immediately.
- 10SUGAR PECANS:.
- 11Whisk egg white until foamy; add pecans, and stir until evenly coated.
- 12Stir together sugars; sprinkle over pecans. Stir gently until pecans are evenly coated. Spread pecans in a single layer in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 13Bake at 350°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until pecans are toasted and dry, stirring once after 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- 14Note: Store pecans in a zip-top plastic freezer bag at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 weeks. Makes 5 cups.
- 15Use some to decorate the praline bundt cake and enjoy the leftovers.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Praline Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1025.0
- Calories from Fat 595
- Total Fat 66.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 161.7 mg
- Sodium 416.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 77.3 g
- Protein 11.4 g