Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Brownies with a crunchy praline topping. I cut them into squares and freeze what we don't eat in the first couple of days.
- 1 (20 ounce) boxchewy frudge brownie mix (like Duncan Hines)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom only of a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Place brownie mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil and water; mix until well combined. Spread evenly over bottom of baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix together praline topping ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the top. A small corner may be left uncovered with the topping as a spot to test for doneness.
- Bake 28 - 30 minutes; do not overbake. Check corner with a pick for doneness; it should come out clean with no crumbs attached.
- Cut into squares. Freezable.
A huge hit at our house! Made as written except subbed walnuts for the pecans. Oldest DS thought additional mini chocolate chips on the top would be good to add. So we did! We had this with some ice cream for dessert tonight. Thanks for sharing! Made for the June 2010 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
MMM! These were quite tasty. I used Splenda brown sugar and melted butter in the brownies instead of veg oil but that was it. So easy! My 8 yr old enjoyed as well.
Wow!!! What a delicious brownie!! I made it as written, but did you Betty Crocker Mix, except that I only but the topping on part of the brownies, as I am the only one who likes pecans in my family. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Games.