Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A 2007-Pillsbury Bake-Off recipe. Combines two favorites--brownies and chocolate chip cookies in a bar.
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) boxpillsbury brownie classics traditional fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (18 ounce) roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9 x 13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Make brownie mix as directed on box, using oil, water and eggs.
- Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat butter, milk, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pecans and vanilla to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to med-low; simmer 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; set aside, until brownies are baked.
- Immediately pour praline mixture evenly over partially baked brownies.
- Cut cookie dough crosswise into 4 equal pieces; cut each piece into 4 slices.
- Carefully place slices in 3 rows of 5 slices each, using last slice to fill in spaces (spaces between cookie dough pieces will spread during baking to cover top.
- Bake 23-28 minutes longer or until cookie dough is deep golden brown.
- Cool 2 hours.
Rich! Rich! Rich! I don't know how else to describe this dessert. I am known for my lack of patience in baking, and this recipe made up of convenience foods was a hit as a treat for some friends. I warn you to cut small squares, as you probably won't be able to finish a full brownie. They are that sinful.
These are a must try! Very good and addicting!
I made these for a baby shower a few weeks ago and I'm still sending out the recipe as it is requested so many times! I chopped up some almonds I had on hand instead of pecans and they were just as good. Also, I made my own cookie dough as the store I was shopping at didn't have the premade stuff. I just globbed it on and had about 2 cups left over to freeze for later. AWESOME recipe!!