Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy and elegant torte to serve with your after dinner coffee at your next dinner party.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 -3 medium apples, peeled,cored and cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄4 cup apple jelly
- 12 pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Beat butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour and spices; stir into creamed ingredients.
- Add pecans and mix well.
- Measure our 2/3 cup batter and set aside.
- Spread remaining batter in bottom of a lightly greased 9 or 10 inch springfoam pan.
- Arrange apple slices in a circle, overlapping slices, about 1/4 inch in from the edge of the pan.
- Form another similar circle of apples in the center.
- Heat and stir the apple jelly until melted and smooth.
- Brush over apples.
- Carefully place teaspoonfuls of the reserved batter around the outside edge of the pan and spread with the back of a spoon to form a 1/2 inch border over the tips of the apple slices in the first circle of apples.
- Arrange pecan halves over the border around the torte.
- Bake in a preheated 350 dgree oven for 55 minutes.
- At the end of the torte's baking time, melt butter for topping in a small pan.
- Stir in brown sugar and milk.
- Bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in pecans.
- Spread topping over torte and bake 5 minutes more or until topping bubbles.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Let stand 45 minutes before serving.