Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From a local cooking show.
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted & chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, chopped & toasted
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine crumbs, nuts, sugar, and butter; press firmly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth.
- Add eggs and extract.
- Pour into prepared pan over the crust.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes, then reduce heat and bake at 300 for one hour.
- Top with Almond Praline Topping and chill.
- Almond Praline Topping:.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cream.
- Cook and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in almonds.