Recipe by PrairieHarpy
Berry salad for the sugar intolerant. Somewhat. Still has honey. Use honey with a lower GI.
- 8 large strawberries, cored & sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries, halved
- 1⁄2 medium banana, peeled & sliced
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 g Splenda granular (one packet.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix sour cream, honey, and Splenda in a medium bowl.
- Add fruit and mix well. Be sure to slice all of the fruit, as this plays a role in the resulting flavor.
- Enjoy right away, or make sauce ahead of time & add fruit later.
- END OF RECIPE.
- Using fat free sour cream will save about 15 calories per serving but will add minor amounts of sugar and carb. (I've not tried this.).
- Excluding the banana will remove about 27 calories and 7 carbs per serving.
- Try adding wedges from a clementine orange! Squeeze one wedge into the sauce for a yummy sweet tang!
- Number of Servings: 2.