Recipe by twissis
This is recipe #6 from *Microwave Cooking* by Lorna Rhodes & I love it! This is such a great idea for a quick-fix, 1-dish main meal that is sure to please adults & kids alike. Pair these potatoes w/a salad + some fruit & you’re good to go w/a trouble-free meal that has most of the basic food groups. If time might be even shorter than expected, prepare them the day b4 & get them on the table in minutes. Need food for a picnic or camping trip? Prepare them ahead & reheat on a grill or campfire (Time does not include the 5 minute standing time). Enjoy !
Top Review by Sonya01
This is so good. I subed ham for the corned beef as i knew that my bf would not eat the corned beef. I used mango chuney for the chuney i will be making these again. Even my bf son ate some of the filling :) Made for RECIPE SWAP #17 - June 2008
- 4 potatoes (ea 8 oz in size)
- 28.34 g butter
- 44.37 ml milk
- 226.79 g corned beef (diced)
- 198.44 g can corn (drained)
- 29.58 ml chutney (more as desired)
- 113.39 g cheddar cheese (grated)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prick potato skins. Wrap ea potato in kitchen paper & cook on HIGH for 10 minutes. Turn the potatoes over & cook for 7 more minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half & scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Add butter + milk & mash well. Stir in corned beef, corn, chutney, half of the cheese & salt + pepper.
- Spoon filling into potato skins & top w/remaining cheese. Cook on HIGH for 4 minutes & serve immediately.