Prep 10 mins
Cook 21 mins
This is recipe #6 from *Microwave Cooking* by Lorna Rhodes & I love it! This is such a great idea for a quick-fix, 1-dish main meal that is sure to please adults & kids alike. Pair these potatoes w/a salad + some fruit & you’re good to go w/a trouble-free meal that has most of the basic food groups. If time might be even shorter than expected, prepare them the day b4 & get them on the table in minutes. Need food for a picnic or camping trip? Prepare them ahead & reheat on a grill or campfire (Time does not include the 5 minute standing time). Enjoy !
- 4 potatoes (ea 8 oz in size)
- 1 ounce butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 8 ounces corned beef (diced)
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 2 tablespoons chutney (more as desired)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese (grated)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Prick potato skins. Wrap ea potato in kitchen paper & cook on HIGH for 10 minutes. Turn the potatoes over & cook for 7 more minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half & scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Add butter + milk & mash well. Stir in corned beef, corn, chutney, half of the cheese & salt + pepper.
- Spoon filling into potato skins & top w/remaining cheese. Cook on HIGH for 4 minutes & serve immediately.
This is so good. I subed ham for the corned beef as i knew that my bf would not eat the corned beef. I used mango chuney for the chuney i will be making these again. Even my bf son ate some of the filling :) Made for RECIPE SWAP #17 - June 2008
First Dennis response: "Is this a twissis recipe? This tastes like a twissis recipe, and it's really good!" Well, you got it, right from the words from Dennis. He knows your recipes now, and this is wonderfully fun to make at the "maker" and wonderfully tasteful as the "eater". The only change I made was to bake the potato (had the oven on already) but all the rest was the same. Who knew? Corned beef, chutney, corn, baked potatoes, WOW. Can't be easier, and was so delightfully filling and just as scrumptious as if you had spent hours preparing. I only added some minced onion, (because I ATE onion today) and wanted to share the taste of onion. This is another twissis deluxe. Thanks so much for finding this treasure, and making my cooking life easier today so I could pour myself to other chores. Much appreciated, and will make frequently.