Recipe by Iowahorse
I won this recipe from a left handed, one-eyed prairie dog named Dave in a high stakes game of Tiddlywinks played on a sandbar on the Washita, back in 1843 I think it was. Or something like that.
- 8 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 4 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes, onions, celery, and salt in the 4 c of water in a large pot.
- Simmer about 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Put in blender, adding pepper and puree until chunky.
- Return soup to pot and add half-and-half,butter, and cheese.
- Simmer until well heated through.