Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy, low-fat potato pancakes that even my kids love! Great use for leftover mashed potatoes.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (or prepared instant potatoes)
- 5 egg whites (throw in one yolk if you wish)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Make your mashed potatoes ahead of time or use instant mashed potatoes.
- Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Add onion, cheese, parsley, hot sauce, and pepper mashed potatoes. Mix together until well blended.
- Heat skillet to 350°F and spray with pan spray.
- Use a ladle to evenly pour out 1/2 cup of the batter into individual 4-5 inch rounds. Flip when the edges start to brown--about 3 minutes on each side.
- Tip: Do not add salt to this recipe if your instant potatoes already include salt or if there is salt in your homemade potatoes.
- This recipe makes about 10 small pancakes. Quickly reheat leftovers by popping them into the toaster! Sometimes I make teddy bear shapes for the kids and serve with a little ketchup. Or if you're more sophisticated try with sour cream and applesauce.
I've looked for a recipe like this for a long time and this one is excellent. Thanks for posting.