Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This is a recipe from some kind of consumer reporting group. They were talking to people about the best attributes of chocolate chip cookies. This is what they came up with.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Wow, these are good! Got 44 cookies and they baked for 10 minutes. What else can I say, made them just as stated and wouldn't change a thing. They are melt-in-your-mouth cookies, perfect!
Thanks for posting.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the 2 sugars with a portable mixer, gradually add the butter. Mixing first at low speed then at high speed until it's pale, light, and very fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, then the eggs gradually until mix looks creamed in not curdled.
- Gradually add the flour, baking soda, and salt. First mixing at low speed building up to high speed.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix briefly.
- Drop by Tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until the cookies are pale, golden brown.(approx 9 min).
- Remove and let them cool on a rack.