- 2 lbs fresh apples or 1⁄2 lb dried apple
- 6 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons potato flour or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel apples and cut in slices.
- Add sugar to water and bring to a boil.
- Add apples and cook until tender, but not mushy.
- Mix cornstarch with a little water and add to the apples, stirring until smooth.
- If dried apples are used, rinse well and soak overnight in the water. Cook in the same water. A little lemon juice gives a fresher taste.