Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A savory, creamier variation of the well known pozole.
- 1 lb pork, cubed
- 1 chicken breast, in bite size pieces
- 2 lbs fresh corn kernels
- 4 poblano chiles, skinned, deveined and chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh epazote (herb)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 serrano chilies, finely chopped (optional)
- lime, quartered
- Cook pork and chicken separately in enough water to cover them, each one with a chunck of onion and salt to taste.
- When pork meat is cooked, transfer it to the pot where chicken is cooking and add 5 cups of the corn and simmer.
- Process in blender the remaining niblets with the poblanos, the onion, the cilantro and one cup of the chicken rendered stock.
- Pass this through sieve or strainer and return to cooking pan.
- Add the epazote and cook untilcorn is cooked.
- Garnish with chopped onion and serrano peppers if desired and with fresh lime juice to taste.