Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This fabulous soup recipe is quick and easy to make. Be sure to top it with sour cream, tortilla chips, guacamole or chopped avocados, and salsa
- 3 anaheim chilies
- 1 lb boneless pork loin roast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans hominy, drained
- 4 cups water
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- pequin chile, if desired
- Roast Anaheim chiles under a broiler or over a gas flame until skin is charred.
- Place in paper bag and let steam for 10 minutes.
- Peel off skin, cut chiles open and discard seeds and membranes; coarsely chop.
- Cut pork into 1" cubes and place in 4-5 quart slow cooker with all remaining ingredients except Pequin chiles; stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until pork is tender.
- Garnish with pequin chiles, sour cream, tortilla chips, and chopped avocado.