Cook1 hr 30 mins
I looked through a variety of recipes before settling on this combination. It's a favorite of mine now, and since my family was evidently frightened by a hominy when young, I get it all to myself.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until clear and soft.
- Add pork and sear.
- Add broth.
- Simmer until tender. (Depends on cut.).
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for 30 more minutes.
- Add broth or water for consistency desired. Traditionally, it's soup, but I like it thicker -- stew-like.
- Salt and pepper at the end to taste.
- Serve with cornbread or tortillas.
- Chile Powder is not a mix, but powdered roasted dried chiles. I use a mix of anchos, pasillas, and guajillas that I roast and grind myself, but ancho chile powder is usually easy to find in the spice section.