Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in a Sunset cookbook.
- 3 lbs ham hocks
- 2 lbs chicken legs-thighs
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 4 cups hominy
- 1 onion, quartered
- Cook first 4 ingredients together with onion until tender.
- Remove from broth let cool then debone and skin chicken and ham hocks shred the meat.
- Strain broth into another pan making sure the cumin seeds are all removed.
- Add meat and hominy to broth and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla strips and sour cream and cheese on top.