Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very tasty and full of nutrients! Great before or after a workout.
Make and share this Power Yoga Smoothie - With Vegan Option recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups no-sugar-added nonfat yogurt (or soy yogurt, if vegan)
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds (Can be found at the health food store)
- 1 1⁄2 cups no-sugar added frozen fruit (Can be purchased at most grocery stores, I like a berry mix, personally, but peaches, cherries, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- Add the first three ingredients and blend on low. You may need to add a tablespoon of water to get the right consistency if the yogurt is thick or if the fruit pieces are especially large.
- Stir with a spoon to ensure that there are no lumps. I also recommend tasting the smoothie to help estimate how much maple syrup you'll need.
- Add syrup, blend and serve. Smoothie may be kept refrigerated for several hours, but I recommend reblending it before serving. If you plan to make it ahead of time, you might want to omit the water.