- 1 1⁄2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup soya granules
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first six ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the wet into the dry, and stir until well mixed.
- Cook in waffle iron of your choice. Works best in the deeper Belgian style irons.
- Makes approximately 10 3" x 3" waffles.