Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
A satisfying, quick, nutritious pick-me-up.
Make and share this Power Smoothies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large banana
- 5 strawberries, frozen or fresh
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, or 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup soymilk or 1 -1 1⁄2 cup rice milk
- almonds or cashews or nut butter
- flax seed (optional)
- wheat germ (optional)
- peach, slices (optional)
- nectarine, slices (optional)
- mango (optional)
- guava (optional)
- pineapple (optional)
- Toss all ingredients in blender and frappe.
- You could also add ice for a thicker, colder drink
I buy large containers of vanilla yogurt and add spoonsfull to this smoothie to make a fabulous breakfast drink. In wintertime, I buy frozen fruit when I can't get fresh. This drink has helped me lose 22 pounds (so far) because it is delicious, filling, and healthful! And it helps me get in the servings of fruit needed each day for a balanced diet.
Very tropical - A use for your aging bananas- slice and freeze then when you want to make a smoothie you add bananas as your cold base instead of ice.
this is a very good smoothie recipe and i really enjoy it. I think that other people with enjoy it also.