Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Jump start your day with this super-healthy smoothie! It's filled to the brim with antioxidants, easily digested protein, and "friendly" bacteria from yogurt! Make sure to use 100% (expensive) unsweetened cranberry juice found in the health food aisle. I often make this without protein powder.
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup real cranberry juice
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 banana
- 6 almonds
- 1 cup organic plain yogurt
- milk (a splash to counteract tartness of yogurt and cranberry juice, try soy or almond milk) (optional)
- 1 scoop whey protein (optional)
- stevia (optional) or honey (optional)
- water, to dillute (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Sip and enjoy!
Made this pretty much as given, although I did leave out most of the optional items! Also doubled everything so there'd be two smoothies! On change I did make was to use fat-free vanilly yogurt, & i did include one scoop of protein powder! Do love the combo of cranberry & blueberry in this one, & including the almonds was a nice twist! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]