Recipe by ChicadeeOC
Quick, delicious, and a healthy protein punch for those of us who need a boost while on the go! I'm a surfer, lifeguard, and full time student, so keeping my energy level up is crucial. My father owned the first Juice Bar in Ocean City, MD, and I grew up learning his healthy (but not diet-food) recipes. This is one of my favorites, and I hope you enjoy it, too!
- 2 slices of 100% whole wheat bread (for an extra power boost, Roman Meal SuperSeed is great, and adds a crunch)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey (local honey is great for getting rid of your allergies!!)
- 1 small bananas or 1⁄2 large banana
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread.
- Spread the honey on the other slice.
- Cut the banana into 1/4-inch rounds.
- Layer the banana slices onto the peanut butter.
- Place the other slice of bread, honey-side down against the bananas.
- Slice the sandwich in half.