Recipe by AnneCuisine
marinated Flank Steak is a treasure and delight! Serve as a steak with potaotes, corn on the corn and a side salad for the perfect Sunday grilled Dinner or slice and serve in a salad as an excellent Main Course Salad for those of you looking to lose weight. Any way you cut this steak, you won't be disappointed!
For the meat and Marinade
- 1 -2 lb flank steak
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
For the Salad
- 6 -8 ounces flank steaks
- 5 cups chopped lettuce, of choice head lettuce works well
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 2 cups cut green beans
- 1 cup corn, preferably cut from cob
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1 minced garlic clove
Directions See How It's Made
- for the Meat and Marinade:.
- Whisk together all ingredients in bowl; place steak in baking dish; pour marinade overtop steak, cover with plastic wrap. Marinate steak 12 to 24 hours in refrigerator. Broil or grill streak; slice diagonally (this is a must.
- Assembling the Salad:.
- In large salad bowl add lettuce, fresh mushrooms, tomato, carrot and shallots; slice steak on the diagonal into thin strips, reheat in microwave for 1 minute on high. (if using leftover grilled portabello mushrooms, heat in microwave for 1 minute as well.) If using frozen green beans and corn, cook according to package, drain and add to salad.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients until smooth and blended. Pour over salad, toss well and serve with hot dinner rolls.