Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Complex carbohydrates and vitamins C smoothie
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 small papaya, peeled, seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups ice
- 100 g low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, roasted
- 1⁄3 cup whole grain wheat (optional)
- In a blender, place banana, papaya, yoghurt and milk and pulse until smooth.
- Add ice, almond flakes and whole grain wheat if using and pulse until mixed well and concoction is a good consistency that is easy to pour.
- Serve immediately with a fresh stick of celery if preferred.