Recipe by FLKeysJen
A muscle-boosting pie that's actually good for your heart and waistline, from Oxygen magazine. Most of the ingredients are already in your pantry.
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
These pita pizzas are super easy and really delicious! We loved these, and even my 8 year old, 6 year old and 2 year old devoured them. I made one change and that was to exchange the goat cheese with mozzarella cheese because of our personal preference. I also added about 1/4 cup of the mozzarella, which brought the calorie count up a bit, but was fine with us. These will surely be made again and again for pizza night and light lunches. Thanks for a easy and healthier version of a family favorite Jen! Made for PLEASE REVIEW MY RECIPE MAY-JUNE 2013.
- 2 whole wheat pita bread
- 1⁄2 cup prepared low-fat pizza sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup jarred roasted red pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces low-fat goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Using scissors, trim around the diameters of the pita breads to split them into two rounds.
- Spread the rough side of each round with two tablespoons of pizza sauce.
- Top each round with a quarter of the tuna, broccoli, red peppers, goat cheese and spices.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes; cool and serve!