Prep 6 mins
Cook 9 mins
A muscle-boosting pie that's actually good for your heart and waistline, from Oxygen magazine. Most of the ingredients are already in your pantry.
- 2 whole wheat pita bread
- 1⁄2 cup prepared low-fat pizza sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup jarred roasted red pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces low-fat goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Using scissors, trim around the diameters of the pita breads to split them into two rounds.
- Spread the rough side of each round with two tablespoons of pizza sauce.
- Top each round with a quarter of the tuna, broccoli, red peppers, goat cheese and spices.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes; cool and serve!
These pita pizzas are super easy and really delicious! We loved these, and even my 8 year old, 6 year old and 2 year old devoured them. I made one change and that was to exchange the goat cheese with mozzarella cheese because of our personal preference. I also added about 1/4 cup of the mozzarella, which brought the calorie count up a bit, but was fine with us. These will surely be made again and again for pizza night and light lunches. Thanks for a easy and healthier version of a family favorite Jen! Made for PLEASE REVIEW MY RECIPE MAY-JUNE 2013.