1/1 Photo of Power Peanut Butter Biscotti
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I came across this recipe from an old Cooking Light Magazine and boy it is a nice twist on a standard biscotti. They state that since peanut butter is used in place of butter the proteins and B vitamins are greatly increased. Just a fun way to serve biscotti. It is great dunked in hot cocoa!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- 3Combine peanut butter, vanilla, eggs and egg whites in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- 4Add peanut butter mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until blended (do not overmix this dough).
- 5Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; shape dough into a 10 inch long roll. Place roll on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; flatten to a 1-inch thickness.
- 6Bake at 325F for 35 minutes.
- 7Remove roll from baking sheet and cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- 8Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- 9Cut cooled rolls diagonally into 18 slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on baking sheet. Bake at 300F for 20 minutes. Turn cookies over and bake an additional 20 minutes. (Please note cookies will still be slightly soft in center but will harden as they cool).
- 10Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Power Peanut Butter Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.4
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 122.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g