Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the 2007 cookbook, More Smoothies for Life -- The calcium & protein in this drink will help improve dry & brittle nails.
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 cup ice cube
- 2 teaspoons flax seed oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender & puree until smooth!
- Pour into 2 tall glasses & ENJOY!
This is not very sweet, so I did add about a T. of sugar. I think perhaps using sweetened cocoa would help, but I'm sure the health benefits outweigh any lack of sweetness. Thanks for posting this good-for-you treat. Made for PRMR Tag Game.
This was pretty good. I left out the flax seed oil and used Ovaltine for the cocoa powder. The flavor of this smoothie was originally a bit bland so we added 2 Tbsp Splenda and 1 banana and it kicked it up a star. The use of cottage cheese was very nice and added a lot to this drink. Thanks for sharing the recipe.