Recipe by Livelygirl
This healthy shake packs 2 servings of leafy greens but tastes like a nutty banana smoothie. Great way to start the day off right!
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 cups fresh kale or 2 cups spinach
- 1 small banana, best if frozen ahead of time
- 3 ice cubes
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey, if you want it sweeter
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Place all ingredients in a good blender. Blend for at least 30 seconds or until it is very smooth and creamy. There should be no ice chunks left.
- You can also substitute other fruits or vegetables!
- Note: I always get everything ready the night before so that in the morning I just press "on" and go. I put the first four ingredients in my blender (yes even the greens) the night before, and then put a banana and 3 ice cubes in a bag in the freezer. Then the morning of I just add the frozen stuff to the blender, top it with milk and yogrt, and press "on". Good to go!