Clueless in the Kitchen's Note:
Got it's name because the cookies are HUGE! Everyone who has tasted these, has asked for the recipe. Their size makes them special--who can go back to regular cookies and be satisfied? I got this recipe from Barby, my friend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups rolled oats, one-minute style
- 1 (10 ounce) bag coconut
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (10 ounce) package pecans, cookie pieces
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugars, margarine, and Crisco; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 3In another bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- 4Beat dry mixture into wet ingredients.
- 5Fold in all other ingredients.
- 6Form golf ball size clumps into cookies about the size of a silver dollar, or use a heaped cookie scoop, then press the tops flat.
- 7They will be about 1/2-inch thick.
- 8Space in staggered rows with about two inches between cookies.
- 9Bake on parchment-lined cookie sheets for 8-16 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Power Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.1
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 195.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g