Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These brownies are a total superfood - low calorie, nonfat, high protein, and high fiber. They're acceptable for South Beach Phase 1, and if you're on Weight Watchers, they're 1/2 a point each!! They also taste pretty damn good!! They're probably awesome frosted or ala mode. Here's the nutritional info (abridged) and recipe: Nutritional info per serving: Serving size- 1 brownie Servings- 16 brownies Calories- 40 Fat-0 grams Fiber-1.7 grams Protein-3.4 grams
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons chocolate protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- -Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- -Puree DRAINED black beans in a blender.
- -Combine black bean puree and all but last 2 ingredients in a mixer bowl.
- -Mix at medium speed until combined.
- -Combine yogurt and vanilla into mixture.
- -Pour into 8X8 baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- -Remove from oven and sprinkle sugar substitute on top.
- -Bake for another 10 minutes (or until a toothpick pricked into center comes out clean).
- -Let cool completely.
Well this was new to me! I never made brownies with beans before, but they turned out great much to my surprise. You would never know that they had beans in them, in fact my DD was visiting when they came out the oven and she said Ooh brownies can I have one you should of seen her face when I told her what was in them after she had eaten it but she thought they were great, a bit on the sweet side, next time I will use less sweetener, but a very nice recipe thank you for posting. Made for honor thy mother tag game May 2011.
Based on the nutrition information provided, these are 1Â½ WW points each, not Â½.