Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
My adaptation of Alton Brown's power bar recipe.
- 1 cup whey protein powder
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 1⁄3 ounces silken tofu
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 2 cups dried fruit, chopped (recommend mixed berries and apricots)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk tofu until smooth in a small bowl.
- Add juice, sugar, eggs and peanut butter one at a time, mixing well.
- Pour tofu mix over dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in fruit and nuts.
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper and spray with canola oil non-stick spray.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Bake at 350F for approximately 35 minute.
- Cool completely before cutting.