Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
My adaptation of Alton Brown's power bar recipe.
Make and share this Power Bars (Aka Tasty Protein Nuggets) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whey protein powder
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 1⁄3 ounces silken tofu
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 2 cups dried fruit, chopped (recommend mixed berries and apricots)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk tofu until smooth in a small bowl.
- Add juice, sugar, eggs and peanut butter one at a time, mixing well.
- Pour tofu mix over dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in fruit and nuts.
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper and spray with canola oil non-stick spray.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Bake at 350F for approximately 35 minute.
- Cool completely before cutting.