Kiki Freebird's Note:
From Elanaspantry.com. Vegan & gluten-free... AND sooooooo delicious. Good protein, and easy to take on the go. My sis-in-law introduced me to these, with a few modifications. I like the way she makes hers, so I've included those changes as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place almonds, flax meal, shredded coconut, almond butter and salt in a food processor. Pulse briefly, about 10 seconds.
- 2In a small sauce pan, melt coconut oil over very low heat.
- 3Remove coconut oil from stove, stir in stevia (I think it's sweet enough without this), agave and vanilla into oil.
- 4Add coconut oil mixture to food processor and pulse until ingredients form a coarse paste. (This is the point where I add the dark chocolate chips. I just stir them in and then skip steps 7 and 8).
- 5Press mixture into an 8x8 inch Pyrex baking dish.
- 6Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, until mixture hardens.
- 7In a small saucepan, melt chocolate over very low heat, stirring continuously.
- 8Spread melted chocolate over bars; return to refrigerator for 30 minutes, until chocolate hardens.
- 9Remove from refrigerator, cut into bars and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Power Bars
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.0
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 120.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: