Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
My grandmother got me started on thie recipe when I was just a little kid. I love to munch on the dough *lol*. It's easy and kids love helping to make it.
- 354.88 ml powdered sugar
- 236.59 ml of softened margarine or 236.59 ml butter
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract (pure or imitation)
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour or 709.77 ml wheat flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml almond extract (pure of imitation)
- 4.92 ml cream of tartar
- Mix margarine, egg, vanilla, almond, and powdered sugar.
- Beat until creamy.
- Slowly stir in sifted flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Cover and put in the refrigerator for atleast 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Get dough into the size of a baseball, flour an area to roll out the dough.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake until edges are light brown, 7 to 8 minutes.
Great Cookie! Very delicate and actually melts in your mouth.