- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup of softened margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (pure or imitation)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour or 3 cups wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (pure of imitation)
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix margarine, egg, vanilla, almond, and powdered sugar.
- Beat until creamy.
- Slowly stir in sifted flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Cover and put in the refrigerator for atleast 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Get dough into the size of a baseball, flour an area to roll out the dough.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake until edges are light brown, 7 to 8 minutes.