3 hrs 20 mins
A hand me down recipe in our family. This is a versatile dough and we use it to make cinnamon rolls as well. The smell of these fresh baked rolls bring back memories of my mother.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl combine the dissolve the powdered milk and sugar in the warm water and then stir in the yeast. Allow to proof until a creamy foam forms.
- 2Stir in the beaten egg, melted butter and salt.
- 3Then slowly add the 4 1/2 cups flour or enough to make a soft dough.
- 4Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap.
- 5Let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. Punch down and let rise until doubled in bulk again.
- 6Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees, shape into 20 rolls and place in a 9 x 13 greased cake pan. Cover and let rise until doubled.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Powdered Milk Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.8
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 21.6 mg
- Sodium 165.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g