Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a well received gift..sometimes when I make this a gift..I give them in a decorated bag..
- Combine powdered sugar and flour and stir into an airtight bag -- Layer walnuts on top.secure.attach the following instructions.
- cream 3/4 cup vegetable shortening and 1/4 cup softened butter together, stir in 2 tsps vanilla extract.blend in cookie mix.
- Shape dough into 1" balls -- and roll in sugar and cinnamon mix.and arrange on a greased cookie sheet --
- Bake at 325* for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool slightly, place 1 cup of powdered sugar in a shallow bowl, roll cookies in sugar while warm and then reroll when they are cooled completely.
Made this one up for a pre-Christmas bake sale at the nursing home I work at...Although it was boring looking in the jar, within 10 minutes it had sold for a whopping $8! Thank you for sharing this recipe!