Recipe by SlipC
I have no idea why it is called this, but my Mom made this all through my childhood. I remember it as one of my favorite meals growing up. It is very simple to make!
Top Review by Wandke
Was very tasty. We put a layer of Tositos on bottom of casserole pan and put mixture on top. Put cheese on top and melted in oven then topped with tomatoes and lettuce. We had extra chips on side for crunch. Yum. Thanks SlipC.
- 1 lb hamburger meat, browned,crumbled,and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) canmanwich sloppy joe sandwich sauce (or equivalent)
- Fritos corn chips (or any kind of corn chips, I prefer chili cheese Fritos, but any corn chips will work)
- shredded cheese (I use a mexican blend)
- diced tomato
- chopped onion
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- jalapeno (etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown, crumble, and drain hamburger meat in a large skillet.
- In the same skillet, combine the cooked meat, beans, and sloppy joe sauce.
- Simmer until heated through, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- To serve, put a layer of corn chips (I use chili cheese Fritos) on the bottom of a plate.
- Top with the meat mixture, then top with the toppings of your choice.
- I normally put out shredded mexi blend cheese,diced tomatoes, chopped onions, sour cream, shredded lettuce, and sliced jalapenos, but use your imagination!
- Prep time includes chopping veggies and browning the hamburger meat.