Recipe by Malriah
When I was a child, my family used to eat this at least once a week due to the fact that it is inexpensive and a little goes a long way. We also added fresh herbs or sometimes whole kernel corn. Its even better the next day and it freezes well.
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
Whether you are in no money times, or not, this is a SUPER MEAL TO HAVE! My hubby was so excited to try it, and I have to admit while cooking I ate a little here and there! LOL I did use ground turkey and put in an extra clove of garlic and 1 tsp basil. It was so good. I thank you for this wonderful meal that will come in good use at our home!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 (907.18 g) can stewed tomatoes
- 453.59 g can water
- 226.79 g elbow macaroni, uncooked
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add ground beef, tomatoes, water, raw macaroni, salt and pepper to the onion and garlic mixture.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- If desired, top with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with crusty bread and a salad.